Sumner C. Rosenberg is Of Counsel in the law firm of Mercer Thompson LLC. Mr. Rosenberg has specialized for over thirty-five years in all aspects of intellectual property law. His current practice focuses on licensing and counselling regarding patents, copyrights, trade secrets and trademarks. His initial law practice also included environmental law and utility law including nuclear regulatory work, as well as construction contracting on nuclear and coal power plants. His engineering work involved programming for Apollo moon missions and early systems design work for the Space Shuttle on-board computers.
- Ballard Spahr LLP (2008 – 2013) – Managing Partner of Atlanta office
- Needle & Rosenberg, P.C. (1985-2008) – Member and Managing Shareholder
- Troutman, Sanders, Lockerman & Ashmore (1976-1985)
- Charles Stark Draper Laboratories (1969-1974) – Apollo Guidance Group and Space Shuttle Design Group
Honors and Other Distinctions
- Listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, intellectual property law, 2008-2013
- Annually listed in the Super Lawyers of Georgia.
Bar Activities and Legal Associations
- Master of the Bench in the Atlanta Intellectual Property American Inn of Court
- Former Chairman of the Patent and Trademark Section of the State Bar of Georgia