Renewable Energy Projects
- Counsel to an independent power producer (“IPP”) in connection with negotiation, structuring and execution of a Master Joint Venture Agreement and related documents for the joint equity funding and development, with another IPP, of multiple wind farms across the United States.
- Counsel to a private developer in connection with its development of multiple off-shore wind projects planned for installation off the coast of Delaware, New Jersey and others states. Representation included drafting and negotiation of multiple joint venture and investment agreements and term sheets for wind turbine sale and maintenance agreements and EPC Agreements for balance of plant installation.
Natural Gas Power Projects
- Counsel to an independent power producer, who owns a 2x1 gas-fired power facility, in connection with structuring, drafting and negotiating complex Joint Ownership Agreement, addressing issues of joint ownership of common facilities vis-à-vis a regulated utility owner of the second 2x1 gas-fired facility on the same site.
- Counsel to Southern Power Company respecting the joint development with the Orlando Utilities Commission (OUC) of a nominal 280 MW integrated gasification combined cycle generating facility to be located at the Stanton Energy Center in Orange County, Florida, including the negotiation and preparation of agreements for construction, co-ownership, operation, support services and the purchase and sale of gasification island capacity.
- Counsel to Southern Power Company respecting the joint development with co-owners of a nominal 633 MW dual fuel combined cycle generating facility that began commercial operation in 2003 at the OUC’s Stanton Energy Center in Orange County, Florida, including the negotiation and preparation of construction, co-ownership, operating, support services and power purchase agreements.
Nuclear and Coal-Fired Power Projects
- Counsel to Georgia Power Company in the sale of Plant Scherer Unit No. 4 to Florida Power & Light Company and Jacksonville Electric Authority and the structuring, negotiation (with new owners) and renegotiation (among existing owners) of co-ownership arrangements among the seven public and private entities owning various interests in one or more of the four coal-fired Plant Scherer units.
- Team counsel to Wisconsin Electric Power Company in its sale of the Point Beach Nuclear Power Station for approximately $1.5 billion, including the development of a co-ownership structure as an alternative to a sale of 100% ownership interest.
- Counsel to Georgia Power Company in connection with the negotiation of nuclear managing board agreement and a nuclear operating agreement for the ownership and operation of the Plant Vogtle and Plant Hatch nuclear power plants.